Why monetize your blog? Why not?Earning an income from your blog is not just about the extra cash - it's also a practical means to reward yourself. Plus, you could use your earnings to provide better support for your site, whether technical or administrative.
source google ads
But not every advertising opportunity available might work for your blog. Certain factors do affect how well an advertising type works depending on the nature and content your blog has.
Learn to choose the best web blog advertising that will promote your site and maximize your earning potential.
Types of web blog advertising you can use:
- Pay-per-click or PPC PPC advertising is easily the most basic form of advertising a blog can use. It works simply: place a PPC ad on your blog and the advertiser will pay you for every click generated by the ad. Every time a visitor points his cursor on this ad and clicks, you earn money. The cost per click will vary, depending on the type of ad that will run, the value of the keyword/s or who your advertiser will be.
- Pay-per-action or PPA The PPA is sometimes preferred by advertisers because it translates to having your blog visitors perform a desired action. This action can be different things - a visitor could subscribe to the advertiser's newsletter, sign up for membership or buy merchandise.
- Pay-per-impression or PPI An advertiser using PPI with your blog will pay you for every opportunity his ads appear on your blog page. This will require some sort of clever strategy on your part but if you know how to use this type of blog advertising, it can work in your favor.
Choosing web blog advertising The three types of web blog advertising mentioned earlier can work with different types of ads. These ads include:
- Contextual ads The type of contextual ads you will be carrying will depend on the content found on the page where these ads will appear. The key here is to ensure relevance. After all, if you're talking about plasma TVs on your blog, what sense would an ad about home loans have on the same page? Contextual ads work best for you if your blog's content deals with a specific topic on a regular basis. This often means that you have traffic that is highly targeted and will likely find your ads interesting.
- Text link ads Text link ads appear on a blog page based on the texts that appear in that page's posts. It attempts to capture the visitors that read that page for the specific content found there. If content in your blog varies from page to page, text link ads provide a good earning opportunity for you.
- Affiliate ads If you want a slightly bigger take, agood choice would be to place affiliate ads on your blog. This means partnering with a company's affiliate program and providing links on your pages to products or services offered by that company. This is how eBay and Amazon affiliates earn. Affiliate ads work best if your blog deals with topics that are relevant to a product or service being offered by partner companies. If your blog deals with tips on coping with stress, for example, you could place a link to an affiliate ad promoting a popular book on stress management that your visitors can buy from a partner company's website.
- Direct ads Direct ads are a form of web blog advertising that lets you work independently and directly with the advertiser. You simply sell ad placements on your site and negotiate directly with the company or individual who buys them. These buyers will be called sponsors from then on. This is a good choice for your blog if you have a good number of traffic and a strong niche market. Pricing and the method of payment will depend on your agreement with your sponsor.